5549 32nd Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55417
Director of Digital Production, Carmichael Lynch – July 2018 – present
Continuing his success of managing digital projects and their producers, Rich has expanded his role to oversee Carmichael Lynch’s Digital Production Department. He applies his philosophies of technology, creativity, and leadership to enable his team to amplify Carmichael’s creative ideas.
Executive Interactive Producer, Carmichael Lynch – June 2013 – July 2018
In his 20-plus year career as a technology expert, Rich has helped some of the most famous advertising campaigns in history come to life. In his current role as Executive Producer, not only does he manage the Subaru website, he helped Carmichael Lynch win its first Cannes Lions in two decades on their groundbreaking Subaru Zero-Landfill Initiative partnership with the National Park Service.
In this and countless other projects, Rich has been able to turn what are normally the roadblocks of an idea – the limits of technology – and find innovative ways to keep new ideas alive and kicking.
Technical Director, Fallon – March 2009 – June 2013
While at Fallon, Rich helped guide projects like the history-making BMW Films, NBC Universal’s Caprica’s Open Mic, and Cadillac’s globe-spanning ATS vs. The World campaign.
- Deliver complex ‘end to end’ solutions for Fallon’s non-traditional digital ideas.
- Oversee technical production, which covers the project lifecycle from agency or client, to systems analysis, specification, build, testing, tracking, and rollout of digital experiences.
- Collaborate with creative members and provide technical expertise to help extend ideas.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships.
Director of IT, Fallon – March 1997 – October 2009
- Managed staff that designed, implemented and serviced all IT infrastructure and end-user services, including network, servers, application services, desktop computers, audiovisual services, and telecommunications.
- Led and planned the execution of over a dozen office openings and moves across Fallon’s network, including two headquarters relocations. Managed budgets, planned data centers and audiovisual build out.
- Oversaw all global IT services. Locations include Minneapolis, New York, Santa Monica, Miami, Chicago, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sao Paulo and London.
- IT services included purchasing, maintenance and support of all hardware and software for global staff that peaked at 700 users.
- Transitioned management of IT services to holding company’s shared services center.
- Technical project management on new business, workflow initiatives, and business driving tools.
ADC Telecommunications – 1994 – 1997
- Helpdesk. Provided telephone support for a global network of end users.
- End-user Support. Provided hands-on technical support for seven locations in Minnesota.
- Technology Manager. Managed large technology implementation and deployment projects.
College of St. Thomas – 1988 – 1992
Studio Arts, Education
Technology, Creativity, Problem Solving, Marketing, Branding, Strategy, Research, Project Management, Budget Management, Staff Management, Analytics, Vendor Relationships.